On August 10th, 2022 Marucci drops the Cat X Connect. The bat will do well among bigger hitters as they like the hot out of the wrapper alloy, as well as the heavier wing weight. The bat comes with considerable upgrades over the 2021 CAT 9 Connect, but we still think that bat, too, was great.
2023 CAT X Connect Video
*Note: The current bat is still under review. Our ratings will change as more information is gathered and more players get it in their hands. Expect updates.
2023 CAT X Connect Models
Several teams in the NCAA CWS used the CAT X Connect for the 2022 tourney. The fact so many have adopted it, going away from their trusted CAT 9's, is good evidence the bat rakes. We expect this bat to do well at the college ranks, be a good to great bat for high school kids who want to go hybrid and have a few USSSA options that are worth considering too.
The Cat Connect line from Marucci is a two-piece hybrid bat that is known for more of an endload in its BBCOR version and a bit lighter swing in the Composite and single-piece alloy versions.
Reviews By Model
Cat X Connect
- New Barrel Profile: Longer, Smoother shape to allow for a more consistent, wider performancearea.
- Same barrel as Cat X~.5” lower balance point compare to Cat X Connect BBCOR.
- Decent change in balance to fitmore hitters.
- Now just slightly more balanced the NOX, but still our power-hitters bat.
- New S40 handle, ~10 stiffer than Previous composite handle. Allows for faster energy transfer tothe ball.
- 34mm hard taper modeled after for more top hand control and more ergonomic fit (similar tothe most popular wood turn, AP5). This piece is removable if wanted.
- Now offering a 32.5” and 33.5” along with all normal sizes
The 2023 Marucci CAT X Composite is a two-piece hybrid bat made of an alloy barrel and a composite handle. The barrel is the same barrel you'll find in the CAT X and the handle is the same handle you find on the CAT Composite. This is generally an endloaded bat built for bigger hitters.